As Account Manager, you will report to the Sales Manager and sell Boiler Equipment within your accounts including a number of key accounts. You’ll create sales opportunities, developing leads through cold calling, pursuing additional business within our database of current and past customers, following manufacturer leads, and developing and maintaining relationships throughout your client and prospect base. It will be your task to meet with Tate customers and prospects in order to understand their overall objectives, requirements and needs. Larger projects can have a sales cycle of six months to a year, but you can support that cycle through continuously selling service and additional products. When visiting prospects and customers you will share details on additional product or solution offerings in order to provide value added service. We are a strong team operating under a core value system, and you will have the opportunity to shadow experts as well as learn from and work with technical, customer service and other internal team members.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement a Business Plan/Account Plan to meet sales goals.
- Complete sales activity and forecasting reports
- Track and report detailed win/loss information.
- Track all sales full-cycle, ensuring quality and thorough customer service is provided from ramp-up through post implementation support to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Prepare and present proposals, quotes and technical presentations.
- Support marketing activities by representing the organization, our products, services and solutions, within member associations, trade shows, events, etc.
- Provide management with feedback regarding the need for future products, services and solutions.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual business forecasting by providing account trends and sharing future client needs.
OUR PREFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE A STRONG A TECHNICAL / MECHANICAL / INDUSTRY BACKGROUND, BUT IF YOU HAVE SOLID SALES SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, DRIVE, MECHANICAL APTITUDE, AND STRONG LEARNING ABILITIES, WE’LL TRAIN YOU. IN ADDITION, TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5 years BOILER sales experience required
- A love of sales and the drive to spend the majority of your time in pursuit of new business with existing customers and developing new customers.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as margins, profit, cost, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid organizational abilities.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience using CRM software.
- An existing book of business.
- Our most successful Account Managers are smart and aggressive “hunters” who can also leverage current customer relationships for vertical sales opportunities, and support existing business as needed. As you’d expect in a sales role, this is not a 9 to 5 position, but an opportunity to grow your business and therefore, your commissions.Email Your Resume To: Careers@Tate.ComThis Description Is Intended To Give You A General Overview Of The Position And Is Not An Exhaustive Listing Of Duties And Responsibilities.
Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. is a full service solution provider for mechanical equipment and systems in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. We offer energy savings and green solutions for mechanical systems, which include Boilers, HVAC, Air Compressors, Pumps and Filtration Systems.
Tate Engineering and Supply Company was founded in 1924 by William J. Tate, as a manufacturer’s representative of replacement boiler parts, Tate provided this equipment to the various merchant ships that called on the Port of Baltimore.
– Robert L. Tate, son of the original owner, took over the Company upon the death of his father. Since that time the company trading as Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. has undergone a significant growth.
– The company transferred ownership to a partnership controlled by Daniel R. Baker and his wife Pat, daughter of Robert L. Tate, thus continuing the Tate family involvement for yet another generation.
Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. is organized in a matrix structure with seven offices throughout the mid-Atlantic area. Everyone is guided by our Core Values – Cooperative, Competent, Respectful, Proactive, Resourceful, Trustworthy, and Communicative. Each office provides local service for virtually any mechanical system as well as access to technical experts company wide. Our energy efficient solutions and products improve energy efficiencies and optimize operations for facilities. Tate provides green, LEED and energy solutions to help customers obtain their energy, environmental and sustainability goals. Our goal is to provide The Right People, The Right Solutions, Right Now!
The basic operating philosophy of Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. is:
“Customer loyalty builds profitability and growth. Customer loyalty is the direct result of continuous customer satisfaction”
It is the objective of Tate Engineering Systems, Inc. to continuously exceed expectations of its customers. To that end, Tate has delegated the responsibility of developing and nurturing a culture of customer satisfaction to each employee, there by providing service levels expected by customers in the many geographical regions serviced. Through a program of education, training, measurement and recognition we are seeking to enhance and employ exceptional customer service as our most powerful competitive advantage.